Saturday, January 28, 2012

Goldilocks and the Three Bears!!!

I am doing a Fairy Tale-Folk Tale theme this year. It has been great because we are teaching the 7 Habits and this is so easy to do through the characters! This is a glyph we did. The boys made Baby Bear and the girls made Goldie! UPDATE: We've now posted the glyph in our TpT and Teacher's Notebook Stores! Go here for more info.


We are focusing on Win-Win this month... but Goldilocks was not thinking Win-Win... so we had to change her thinking :) She wrote Baby Bear letters saying she was sorry and what she will do next time!!

 

For fluency practice we learned the Baby Bear Rap by Dr. Jean. They are soooo cute rapping this. I didn't let them hear her version until we read and reread it! They thought they did it better than her! I also used Goldilocks and the Three Bears from the I'll Read to You, You'll Read to Me book. The boys read Baby Bear's part and the girls read Goldi's part. It was a lot of fun. To throw some nonfiction into the mix, I typed up some facts from Gail Gibbon's book Grizzly Bears!

 This has been a fun way to gather morning data!!

 Nobody went for the Cheerios!! They said that had to be Papa Bear's bowl!


We have been comparing and contrasting different versions of Goldilocks!! There are soooo many I am afraid I won't get them all in before it is time to move on!! In stations I have them compare and contrast just the covers!!! They are getting really good and finding differences and finding how they are the same!!

Breakfast with our bears!! They had a blast wearing their jammies to school and bringing their bears! On the menu... porridge of course... bear biscuits (you can get markers in the cake decorating section to make the face).. black berries, blue berries, and honey. They felt like I should have included some fish (gold fish)... next year I will have to remember that. 


 
Reading to her bear!!
love getting ideas from other teachers!! If you have some
ideas I can add to Goldilocks and the Three Bears, 
I'd love to hear them!!!!!!!!!
            
                        
 
100th day of school crowns (Thanks Carrie Warden for the idea) fit great with our theme. They did these at home. They had to glue 100 objects onto a crown (Thanks Burger King in Priceville, Alabama for the crowns)! Some of the students painted their crowns first!



That is my class website if you are interested!!


13 comments:

Tammy said...

win-win...I like that. What a great lesson for little ones to learn. Thanks for sharing. ("smithereens") :)
Tammy
Forever in First

Miss Foote said...

I heart your blog and am your newest follower!

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Marlana said...

Goldilocks and the Three Bears are seriously stinkin' cute! I HAVE to do this next year! What a great idea!

I'm your newest follower!

Blessings,
Marlana
Lil' Country Kindergarten

Jessica Hubble said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your glyphs! They are ALL so STINKIN' cuuute!!!

Thanks for sharin'! I am your newest follower!

glitzyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Mrs. Cupcake said...

You've been tagged... come see what it's all about!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Sheri said...

Great Blog!!! I love your post:) Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!!
Sheri
1st GRADE ROCKS!!!

Ms.M said...

Fabulous. Do you think you will make a 3 Little Pigs or Red Riding Hood one too?

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Angela Wynn said...

YES, they are coming up soon!!

Ms.M said...

Excellent!!!

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Meredith Gilbert said...

I love the 100th Day of School crowns....I will have to remember that for next year. Great to see your blog!

Sunshine, Sand and Scissors

Damien and Kelly said...

I love your new blog, I just started one myself. I have also done a goldilocks
Unit. I have thee kids predict if they like porridge
On a picture graph. Then I cook Irish oatmeal, which takes at least 30 minutes. then the kids taste and make a new graph. We compare results from both graphs. Most have never eaten real porridge
my other teacher friends taste test different instinct oatmeal
Hope this helps!
TheReadingBuddies

Blogger said...

Anyone else wants a FREE BURGER KING GIFTCARD?

Blogger said...

BlueHost is definitely the best website hosting provider with plans for all of your hosting requirements.

Post a Comment